Essential Illustrator Content
Using multiple artboards
Illustrator Control panel
Navigating within a document
Utilising the bounding box
Guides and grids
Preview and Outline modes
Saving Illustrator workspaces
Selecting Objects in Illustrator
Using Illustrator’s basic selection tools
Creating and Editing Text
Creating area text / text frames
Formatting character and paragraph text
Creating text outlines
Creating vector shapes in Illustrator
Illustrator pen tool
Creating compound paths
Creating compound shapes
Using the Shape Builder tool
Using Pathfinder functions
Blob Brush and Eraser tools
Editing Illustrator paths
Editing anchor points
Creating compound shapes
Illustrator pathfinder functions
Appearances and Effects
Illustrator Appearance panel
Targeting object attributes
Adding multiple attributes
Applying Live Effects
Appearance panel settings
Saving appearances as graphic styles
Illustrator Groups and Layers
The importance of using layers in Illustrator
Creating and editing groups
Understanding Illustrator’s Layers panel
Creating solid color swatches
Creating global process swatches
Working with linear gradient fills
Moving and copying objects
Using and editing symbols
Defining your own symbols
Working with Photoshop files in Illustrator
Importing Photoshop Images
Placing Photoshop images
Using the Links panel
Resolution settings in Illustrator
Clipping Masks in Illustrator
Working with Masks
Clipping artwork with masks
Clipping the contents of a layer
Defining masks with soft edges
Saving and Printing
Saving your Illustrator document
Illustrator file formats
Printing your document
Preparing your files for the Web
Adobe Illustrator Course
Introducing Our Adobe Illustrator Course
If you want to create graphics in-house and bring your company into the 21st century, you might want to sign up for our Adobe Illustrator course in Melbourne. Short and Suite have been teaching professionals how to design eye-catching images for over a decade. Learn all about the benefits of using Adobe Illustrator.
Trends in Adobe Illustrator Training You Should Know
Here are some of the latest trends in graphic design that you should remember as you consider enrolling in a training course.
- Minimalism: The idea that ‘less is more’ has dominated the world of graphic design for years, and we expect that trend to continue in 2019 and 2020. Ideally, your logos should look just as good in black and white as they do in colour. You also don’t want your images to be too busy or complicated because they could deter people from reading your content. Simplicity is the driving force behind branding in the modern business landscape.
- 3D graphics: If you want to prove that your company is forward-thinking and innovative, you might want to embrace 3D designs. Using Adobe Illustrator, you can create vector graphics, floating images, special effects, and much more to set your business apart from the competition.
- Eclectic designs: Many people celebrate imperfections in art. Instead of creating ‘perfect’ images, some companies inject freestyle doodles, unique brush strokes, stains of colours, and organic textures in their graphics. As a result, they give their business an authentic and original brand image. Learn Adobe illustrator with the help of our professionals, and you’ll be able to brand your company in any way that fits its identity.
Creative Ways to Use Abode Illustrator Training
Now that you know just a few of the creative ways to use Adobe Illustrator for graphic design and branding, let’s discuss how to utilise this software to help your business grow.
- Design a new logo: If your logo looks like it’s stuck in the past, now might be the time to return to the drawing board. Companies redesign their logos as design trends change and as customers’ perception of modernism adapts. Using Adobe Illustrator, you can create a new logo that is memorable and on-trend.
- Create marketing collateral in-house: Learn Adobe Illustrator and you’ll be able to design all your marketing materials in-house, which could save you a small fortune on outsourced graphic design. If you’d like to stop outsourcing tasks that you can learn to do without help, ask about our customisable Adobe Illustrator course in Melbourne.
- Modernise your business: Adobe Illustrator is so powerful that you can use it to rebrand your entire company’s look. Don’t let the competition gain the upper hand–find out how you can stay relevant with powerful and consistent brand imagery.
Statistics on Short and SuiteYou Should Know
Short and Suite have been helping businesses and employees in Melbourne to learn Adobe Illustrator for more than ten years. We’re fully qualified, highly experienced, and ready to tailor our courses to suit your requirements. Call us today to learn more about our capabilities.Are you in Sydney? We can come to you